The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month. In recent years, The Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, the Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
Sales Associates partner on integrated programs as well as, sell display, high impact and standalone online advertising. This position supports the Account Executives (AEs) to prepare proposals, lead generation, facilitate front-end account maintenance throughout the campaign and sell to clients within the assigned territory to achieve quarterly revenue goals. Sales Associates will be exposed to selling high impact online and print campaigns.
• Draft proposals and RFP for presentations to clients; arrange client meetings and follow-ups
• Generate and qualify a list of leads consisting of Tier 1 and Tier 2 decision makers within the assigned territory through research, trade references, and cold calls
• Outbound telemarketing, prospecting, and selling to targets determined by AE and Director
• Communicate and follow up with client and internal departments regarding live campaigns to address any concerns
• Review monthly Revenue Sheet to ensure all placements have properly delivered per the IO and revenue has been appropriately recognized. Alert Finance of any issues to be resolved
• Acquire proper internal and client approvals to process documents for optimizations, revisions, makegoods, cancellations and renewals
• Research user data and audience metrics via research tools such as AdRelevance, @Plan, Digimine, Hoovers, etc. for preparing proposals as needed
• Emersion into the print industry events and functions representing The Wall Street Journal
• 2 years’ experience in advertising sales support is required
• Articulate and intelligent, with highly developed presentation skills
• Candidates must possess initiative, be detail oriented, and able to work independently and within a team environment
• Organized and focused on priorities that move the sales process forward
• Creative thinker who can match marketer's goals with the unique, affluent audiences available through our media properties
• College degree required
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.