When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative, and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio, and television--including some of the widest read and most respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and SmartMoney. Our media informs the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated, and trusted content.
We are seeking an intelligent self-starter who will be the go-to ideas and marketing person for the entire Central region ad sales team, which consists of our Chicago, Dallas, and Detroit offices and represents about $120M in annual revenue, including print and digital.
- Drive in-territory marketing efforts for The Wall Street Journal franchise
- Support Multimedia Directors in defining and executing go-to-market strategy for sales team
- Work closely with and travel to New York, Dallas, and Detroit offices
- Develop close working relationship with the New York marketing team in order to leverage all company marketing resources
- Support sales team to drive ad revenue on an on-going basis
- Build prospect/account lists for the sales team
- Identify revenue growth opportunities and create client-focused sales pitches and product/pricing packages
- Assist in all stages of the sales cycle from RFP through to the sale
- Execute post-sale value added marketing programs
- Deploy push marketing efforts (e-newsletters, search marketing, etc.) to generate leads
- Serve as a product knowledge resource for the sales teams by keeping up-to-date on the latest product developments and product pipeline across platforms (print, digital, mobile, video, etc.)
- Understand client objectives and strategies and be able to create marketing materials tailored to those objectives
- Support the sales teams by executing custom client events such as VIP dinners, client outings, parties, etc.
- Plan/execute regional brand events such as digital marketing workshops, agency education events, etc.
- Analyze results to determine and recommend changes to approach regularly
- Position located in Chicago and reports to Vice President, Multimedia Sales
- College graduate with 6 years of media marketing and/or agency experience required
- Familiarity with multiple platforms including digital, mobile, and other media
- Well-organized and creative-minded
- Experience writing proposals, everyday correspondence, mailings, and updates
- Experience working within various categories including technology, finance, and consumer
- Experience in publishing a significant advantage
- Must be willing to travel
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.