When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative, and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio, and television--including some of the widest read and most respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and SmartMoney. Our media informs the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated, and trusted content.
The Marketing Director is responsible for partnering with the sales team to deliver marketing and research knowledge and custom solutions that drive advertising revenue.
The Marketing Director will manage the Journal Research Team and will report to the Executive Director of Brand Marketing for The Wall Street Journal. The Marketing Director will create, develop and execute general and category specific client-focused sales presentations and collateral for all advertising categories for The Wall Street Journal. The key focus is to develop compelling sales stories from the research and to develop presentations and sales collateral for the sales team.
The Marketing Director plays the lead role in developing sales presentations and collateral that helps grow advertising revenues across the franchise.
Core responsibilities of the Marketing Director include:
- Provide sales team with marketing research knowledge and solutions for advertising clients
- Create compelling sales stories based on syndicated and primary research studies for print, mobile, video and online
- Develop franchise, category specific and audience specific sales presentations, collateral and sell sheets
- Manage primary and syndicated research studies and develop sales presentations/sales collateral
- Trend spotting that educate sales and clients
- Manage research budgets and contracts
- Mange Media Kit
- Create new primary research programs by partnering with clients and/or other 3 rd parties
- Be an industry leader in developing press-worth research on media usage and trends
- 10-15 years of marketing and research experience
- 5 years of experience creating sales presentations and compelling sales stories
- Knowledge of print, online, mobile, video and social advertising sales, marketing and related research
- Strategic thinker with strong presentation development skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage projects
- Manage a staff of 7 people and work well with other members of the marketing and sales teams
- Bachelors degree required
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.