When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative, and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio, and television--including some of the widest read and most respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and SmartMoney. Our media informs the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated, and trusted content.
The Integrated Marketing Specialist is responsible for partnering with the sales team, providing marketing knowledge and integrated solutions for advertising clients. This position will report to the Director, Integrated Marketing Solutions for Consumer Advertising.
In this role the Integrated Marketing Specialist will oversee several WSJ Franchise category and client-focused marketing efforts for several key advertising categories: automotive and credit cards.
- Providing integrated sales team with marketing knowledge and solutions for advertising clients in the noted ad categories
- Designated "go to" person for client specific print, digital and integrated RFPs, presentations (comprised of research, key sales points, specialized added value, third party marketing relationships, etc.) and marketing collateral in their assigned categories
- Develop 360 degree client-focused advertising/marketing programs that draw from diverse resources
- Be a passionate advocate and an industry expert in the assigned categories
- Build relationships with third party resources for client focused added value programs which these two categories require
- Enhance The Journal presence via industry specific partnerships and trade shows related to assigned categories
- Share success stories and best practices with the integrated sales and marketing teams and cross-pollinate with leaders of other categories
- Stay on top of digital trends, new technologies and tactics online, in mobile, tablet and social media
- 6-10 years of sales development & marketing experience in a related industry - i.e. newspaper/magazine publishing, online, planning department of media agency, etc.
- Knowledge of print and online advertising sales, marketing, event and related research
- Strategic thinker and tireless innovator,
- Creative mindset – an “ideas” person, strong RFP and presentation development skills
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills: written and verbal
- Project management / execution experience preferred
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage projects and programs
- Proactive team player with strong relationship builder
- Bachelor's degree required
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.