When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. We enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide. Part of Dow Jones, Factiva is a premier, global business intelligence business used by the world's largest and most demanding companies and information professionals. Factiva aggregates 35,000 sources of global content in one of the world's oldest and deepest repositories of news to provide tools and features in order to keep our customers updated on all the relevant information they need for their jobs.
What is the role?
Factiva is growing and expanding its business and looking to hire a new product manager to join our team.
What is my personal contribution?
You will be responsible for delivering great products for the Factiva business, managing all aspects of product planning and development. You will
· Make business decisions, by engaging with Factiva customers and products, as well as the Dow Jones sales-force and customer service organization
· Drive product development according to business needs
· Implement product solutions, working closely with the technology organization and project managers to ensure timely and efficient delivery
· Work closely with a small, close-knit Factiva product team in a collaborative and flexible manner
What are my accountabilities?
The ideal candidate with demonstrate:
· Being comfortable with managing technology product development, understanding current development timeframes, methodologies, and feasibility
· Proven experience working on creating new products, as well as significantly improving and transforming existing products or product-driven businesses
· Have worked in an entrepreneurial environment
· Be a self starter and motivated to generate ideas, as well as demonstrate an attention to detail including the professional execution of those ideas
· Can demonstrate passion, interest and/or deep knowledge in the digital content and business intelligence industry
· Possesses a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a relevant area with strong academic credentials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· Proven experience and in depth understanding of managing large accounts that require complex integrated solution strategies.
· Experience of delivering projects in a timely and cost effective way
· Ability to adapt a communication style while maintain a professional and credible demeanor building both internal and external relationships
· High level of initiative and self motivation with flexibility to changing requirements
· Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customers' issues effectively and efficiently.
· University degree level education
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company. Full training on the Dow Jones product range will be provided in addition to training on the markets in which we operate.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.