Dow Jones operates a number of business solutions meant to aid companies, brokers and portfolio managers make more informed and better investment choices. This role supports these business units which includes Factiva, Financial Services and Risk and Compliance and their myriad of products.
Responsibilities will include data analysis and operational support for the Business Analytics team. The analyst will work closely with management and provide quantitative analysis on a variety of projects regarding marketing effectiveness and user behavior, including:
· Identify, collect, and organize data for use in analytics projects
· Review data daily to ensure its quality
· Utilize database querying skills to provide contextual information and merge data
· Assist in overseeing that timelines are being met for implementation requests
The candidate must be a team player, responsive and data savvy. This position requires an individual who can manage multiple tasks at once and independently manage their own time. This person must be intellectually curious, have the ability to mine data to answer complex questions and be able to clearly communicate findings.
- 1 years in relevant work experience
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in statistics, mathematics, business, engineering, management information systems or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytics
- Solid MS Excel skills: pivot tables, v-lookups, min/max, some/if scenarios
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of business analytics and dashboard/report design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage time and pay close attention to detail
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V