When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative, and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio, and television--including some of the widest read and most respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and SmartMoney. Our media informs the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated, and trusted content.
Sales Coordinators work on sales teams to gain hands-on advertising sales experience by managing the full sales process, building client relationships, and developing a strong knowledge of the business. The Digital Sales Coordinator supports the ad sales team in the WSJ Digital Network working with a fast paced multi-media sales team and partnering with print sales on integrated programs as well as high impact, stand alone online sales. The coordinator will support the assigned Sales Planner (SP) and Account Executive (AE) teams to process incoming insertion orders (IOs), back end account maintenance, and continuously monitor live campaigns to gauge audience delivery. This position reports directly to the Multi Media Director.
- Review weekly delivery sheets in order to notify SP/AE of possible account delivery issues Create customized delivery reports for large accounts
- Check that inventory, credit, and Terms & Conditions for new IOs have been approved
- Verify monthly make-goods and alert SP/AE of line items that need to be reconciled and made good
- Assist with research for proposals and special projects as needed
- Come in each day prepared to have new things added to the to do list that were not anticipated
- Be high energy, extremely organized, and know when to manage up and ask for help with priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal skills is a must
- Attention to detail and strong written and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects Ability to multitask and prioritize is essential
- Must relish having a full plate at all times and thrive in a high energy environment
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.