Dow Jones is seeking an exceptional individual to fill our Sales Prospector role. This role is responsible for devising sales campaigns for the product suite which includes identifying customer segments and targets, devising the appropriate message articulating the value proposition relevant to the target audience, and generating leads or new sales opportunities for the sales teams. Our Sales Prospectors mine for gold. And by gold, we mean new prospects who will become the next clients of Dow Jones. Think you might be up for the task?
Do a self-inventory first. Here’s what we’re asking from you:
- To thrive in this role, you must know how to manage resistance, push-back, and even potential irritation coming from the other end of the phone. You need to take a “no” and pivot it to a “yes”...with a smile.
- You’ll need to work with the sales team to devise sales campaigns, identify target groups, and also generate your own leads. If you view anyone and everyone as a potential client, this job just may be for you.
- Actively prospect into organizations that could gain value from the Dow Jones product suite – persistence is helpful here.
- Keep abreast of, and internally communicate, information relating to market/industry developments, competitors, and client requirements - researching and staying on top of our competitors means you know what’s going on out there, which will aid in what you do here.
- Maintain records of sales visits, contacts, and sales campaigns in the global CRM to provide timely management information.
- Integrity! Truth, honesty, and building long-term relationships matter. You represent Dow Jones when you’re on calls and client meetings - do us proud.
Said yes to each of those bullet points? We’re on a roll. Now, are you a fit for us?
We’re not just a company here at Dow Jones, we’re a culture- a culture in the making. Here at Dow Jones you’ll be joining a group of highly entrepreneurial, driven, and yet collegial news junkies. We live and breathe news. We are up for the challenge of re-thinking the news business. And we do this in an open office plan (even our CEO sits among us and not in an office) with lots of coffee and lots of collaboration.
We don’t say, “oh we’ve always done it that way.” We think about how to make things better and faster.
We are not big into titles here. What you do, how you think and what you accomplish is what matters - not where you sit on the org chart.
Dow Jones incorporates brands like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, All Things D, and Factiva. We celebrate the first amendment and deliver news via mobile phones, tablets, websites, newspapers, and feeds around the world. Are you into that? This might be the place for you. Apply now.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 2 years of inside sales experience in a role that involved extensive cold calling.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education. While a bachelor’s is preferred, in lieu, an Associate’s plus two years of work experience in an applicable field is acceptable.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proactive with a "can do" attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to speak on the phone with ease and confidence. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. A pleasant and professional phone voice is essential.
- Computer literate. Prior CRM experience is preferred.
- Experience with heavy cold calling, ideally with Fortune 2000 and financial entities.
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency in a fast paced, sales-driven culture.
- Strong work ethic and motivated by results.
- Basic knowledge of online research and news products is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience with Financial Markets or Public Relations is a plus.
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.