The Wall Street Journal is looking for a digital marketing professional to initiate and lead inventive and high impact marketing programs focused on acquiring and engaging new subscribers for the largest paid subscription news site on the Internet.
Reporting to the Head of Circulation, the director is responsible for generating ground-breaking marketing and subscriber growth across multiple channels, including; SEM, media buys, social networks, as well as purchase funnel optimization across Dow Jones digital properties. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of eCommerce development including order form optimization, marketing in mobile and tablet apps and social media, and leveraging new tools, trends and applications. This person will help develop a commerce roadmap that continues the legacy of innovation while protecting the consumer experience.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about digital media, consumer marketing, and driving for measurable results.
- Create a compelling value proposition for the WSJ Digital Network suite
- Clearly understand and articulate reader and subscriber segments across the WSJ Digital Network sites
- Identify and grow new customer segments
- Target relevant offers based on segmentation strategy and optimized site traffic patterns
- Develop a best-in-class order funnel that creates a frictionless and elegant purchase experience
- Ensure that all digital initiatives are brand-centric, make a measurable impact and are consistent with the overall marketing strategy
- Monitor industry trends to stay on the cutting edge of digital marketing
- Create close collaboration with internal partners including product-, editorial- and tech teams
- 10 years of in-depth digital marketing experience including e-commerce and agency experience
- Proven track record of implementing digital marketing programs
- Dynamic and results-oriented individual, with a leadership mentality
- Creative mindset with a knack for innovation and trying new things
- Strong analytical skills with a natural drive for achieving results
- Passionate about the customer experience and ability to see things from a customer’s perspective
- Proactive team player with strong communication skills and a solutions-oriented mindset
- BA required, MBA a plus
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.