The Wall Street Journal Franchise is seeking a smart, talented and creative media professional to join the financial business development team supporting ad sales into the Journal Franchise.
The Business Development Manager plays an integral role in developing and implementing the sales, marketing and promotional strategies for The Journal Franchise's print and digital properties in order to drive revenue and win new business. The position combines exceptional big idea creation, proposal writing, and multi-platform program execution. The Business Development Manager is also responsible for brand management, strategic marketing, and sales development.
- Idea generation and Program Development: Work with sales and marketing colleagues to develop and execute 360-degree, integrated programs that leverage The Journal Franchise print, digital, and event assets
- Development of general and category-specific presentations
- Work alongside account managers to develop smart innovative ways to provide insight and marketing solutions for individual clients
- Ability to interpret research and market data, and incorporate the information into compelling sales materials is key
- Responsible for supporting response to Financial Category RFPs for the Journal Franchise, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, The Wall Street Journal Digital Network (WSJ.com, SmartMoney.com, Barrons.com, MarketWatch.com), and the franchise's tablet, mobile, video and social extensions
- Presentation development: Create compelling proposals, presentations, marketing, and brand positioning collateral.
- Project/Program management: Responsible for managing the daily workflow process for integrated marketing programs including timelines, budgets, creative executions and follow-up on all deliverables; Act as primary liaison between sales and respective agency/client partners; Manage long-term projects or special marketing initiatives above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Development Director
- Accompany sales reps and/or marketing management on sales calls to present marketing platforms and client-specific opportunities
- Four to five years of Magazine, Newspaper, Digital Media, or Agency related marketing experience
- Must possess superb writing and communication skills (B2B and B2C)
Extremely creative, resourceful, and detail-oriented; must multi-task and prioritize with ease in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Results-driven team player who can problem solve quickly
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Understanding of newspaper, magazine, and digital advertising required
- Understanding of the financial category is preferable
- Bachelor's degree required
This position will report to the Senior Director of Business Development, and will provide support for a national sales staff. We're looking for a motivated individual that's comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.