As part of the Americas sales leadership team, the VP, Institutional Sales is responsible for managing and developing the Dow Jones Institutional Sales revenue in a defined territory. Ultimately responsible for all Dow Jones Institutional customers and account teams, the VP, Institutional Sales is accountable for the development and implementation of sales strategies to achieve sales and revenue objectives. Core product ranges include Dow Jones Newswires and Dow Jones Factiva.
• At least five years of sales management experience, leading a B2B sales team selling complex solutions to high value clients.
• Ten years solutions sales experience with a minimum of three years experience in the online information industry.
• Ability to lead, manage and build a sales team to facilitate accomplishment of team goals and sustain team morale.
• Sets a good example in a team environment.
• Understanding of Web 2.0 applications and other emerging technologies in the fields of content management, collaboration and news dissemination.
• Ability to adapt a communication style depending on audience, while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor.
• Ability to coach staff to improve their skills and strengthen their performance.
• Ability to communicate purpose and importance of both corporate and team goals and monitor team activities to ensure goal fulfillment.
• Ability to train direct reports on new and existing Dow Jones Institutional products and services.
• High level of initiative and self-motivation.
• Organizational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client requirements and priorities.
• Willing to take responsibility for customer loyalty.
• Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds.
• Making decisions which optimize regional performance and support corporate goals.
• Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to cope professionally with demanding sales goals and expectations.
• Degree level education.
• This role requires travel within the assigned territories
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.