Sales Representative, Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Conferences
Dow Jones is seeking a motivated sales professional for a contract position its Wall Street Journal Executive Conferences group. In this role, you will develop relationships with C-suite executives from the world's largest corporations, selling invitation-only conference tickets and memberships to top executives in the world's most prestigious companies.
The ideal candidate must be able to develop relationships and create a sense of urgency over the phone, and have experience selling services or intangible experiences to C-level executives. You must be able to maintain a high volume of calls each day and week, while also closing business through follow-up calls with prospects in your territory.
Within a defined target audience for a particular campaign, you will close business to achieve brand revenue goals. You must have the ability to learn about and explain conference content to prospects across a wide range of topics, such as economics, global business issues, information technology, corporate finance, legal and compliance matters, and private equity, as well as the benefits of participation in these prestigious events and memberships.
Due to the seniority and prestige of our customer base, this candidate must be able to come across, over the phone, in an extremely polished manner. This candidate must also be able to maintain calm under pressure and handle customer issues with excellence.
· At least 2 years of experience in sales, marketing or client service
· 4-year college degree from an accredited university
· Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone with high level decision makers
· Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well under pressure with a defined revenue goal
· Discipline and focus to maintain a high call volume each day and week
· Highly organized with the ability to manage a pipeline within CRM or sales tracking systems
· Persistence to follow up with key prospects to close the deal
· Team-oriented individual
· Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
· Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.