Dow Jones & Company is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com) and a leading provider of global news and business information. With authoritative journalism and smart technology, we provide a window on events, clarify issues, inspire new thinking and give readers and business customers the insight they need to make informed decisions. Our premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, and All Things D.
We are now seeking a high caliber candidate to fill the following position in our Global Product team:
Global Head of SEO, Dow Jones and Company
This person will be responsible for search referral growth for all of Dow Jones's online properties by working closely with News, Tech, Analytics and Product teams. Will be responsible for monitoring overall search engine performance for all mobile and desktop properties.
- Optimize on-site content for maximum visibility and ranking in search engines. This includes html, site structure, page layout, navigation, and design.
- Recommend naming, coding and design conventions for web and mobile pages including video and other multimedia.
- In-bound link development.
- Monitor, track, and report on competitive keyword, link analysis, search metrics, including trend analysis.
- Stay up-to-date on changes to search algorithms and perform constant maintenance and updates.
- Identify and implement innovative SEO strategies.
- Interact with News and Product to optimize new projects and landing pages for search engines.
- Disseminate and consult on best practices for news aggregators.
- Assist in keyword discovery and expansion with the newsroom by consulting on competitive keyword strategies and by keeping apprised of search trends and search words that lead to our sites.
- QA new products and product changes for search friendliness.
- Be lead interaction point with search engines to ensure easy site map submissions and revisions.
- Stay up to date on the latest SEO developments including technical analysis and evaluation.
Immediate tasks include:
- Review and make recommendations on search phrases,
- Recommendations on rewording pages and reprogramming sites for SEO friendliness,
- Training newsroom and product teams on best practices,
- Consult on impact of product changes to SEO.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum 7 years experience in an online business, international experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in search engine optimization and proven ability to achieve top search rankings
- Demonstrated knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, particularly organic optimization
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple products across multiple teams, globally.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.